Manager of Development and Community Relations
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2017
Application Deadline: Feb 06, 2017
Start Date: Feb 20, 2017
Salary: $40,000 plus benefits
Region: Metro Toronto Area
City: Toronto / Scarborough
Scarborough Arts, a non-profit charitable organization, serves the Scarborough community through innovative arts and culture programs for citizens of all ages. Our mission is to bring arts to the community and community to the arts.
Scarborough Arts aims to build the community’s artistic vibrancy and excellence through programs and events that focus on collaboration, community, and celebration.
This is an exciting time at Scarborough Arts as the organization leaps into the new year of programs, community partnerships, and major public festivals and events across Scarborough and on SA grounds.
We are looking for someone to roll up their sleeves as they step into the creative environment that SA has to offer, and help this unique organization build a vibrant artistic prosperity across Scarborough.
While we are set to host and present exciting events (5th Annual Scarborough Worldwide Film Festival, Art in the Park, major exhibits, and others), Scarborough Arts current and new team members play a vital role in setting a new statigic path for the organization to serve the community in way that reflects the current and future needs of the region, in the most productive and successful ways.
This new position of Development Manager at Scarborough Arts, will report to the Executive Director and work closely with other team members of the organization. The person will be responsible for tackling several key opportunities and strategically important initiatives, such as: diversifying funding streams and finding new business prospects; sponsorship development and relations; membership stewardship; growing and sustaining community partnerships; applying for grants.
If you are passionate about community arts and have a strong commitment to the growth of cultural sector that makes a direct impact on community and individuals it serves, then Scarborough Arts is the place to be!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities will fall under 2 key development categories:
1) Fundraising and Sponsorship
• Develop and secure new and additional funding streams to increase the impact and financial sustainability of programs and long term organizational initiatives
• Seek in-kind support, corporate sponsorships, project grants, awards, and donations that allow for program capacity building.
• Research government, foundation and corporate funding programs that match Scarborough Arts' mandate
• Development, oversight and coordination of Scarborough Arts Fund Development Plan to meet organizational funding target
• Develop and manage a database to track all outgoing applications and incoming funding; track obligations/benefits to funders; update and track the organizational funding deadlines/reporting deadlines calendar
• For partner and sponsor renewals, analyze and make recommendations regarding pricing and benefits
• Preparation and Management of a 2017-2018 Special Projects
2) Membership and Community Relations and Outreach
• Develop relationships with external organizations, community groups, partners, members, individual artists and donors to assist Scarborough Arts in fulfilling its mission and Strategic Plan
• Together with the Executive Director work on a membership strategy that will have a greater impact on the current members, while broadening its appeal and benefits for the general public
• Liaison with current, potential and new members year round, handling inquiries and database to track membership participation, questions, and overall implement the updated structure and model of the membership program
• Represent the organization at external and partner community events as needed
• Work as part of the team to design and develop new and existing programming initiatives
• Implement processes that adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
• Attend and/or oversee evening/weekend events and programs as required
• Other administrative or operational duties as required
• 3+ years of development and sponsorship or relevant management experience. 2+ years in cultural development and community arts in the area of servicing, support, and project delivery
• Imaginative and creative, with an entrepreneurial spirit to find the best solution and achieve worthy results
• Related post-secondary education, preferably in the area of community development, cultural and arts management studies, and/or business administration
• Proven track record in securing macro and micro one time or long term funding, from $500 to over $50,000+ - through foundations, local donations, major sponsorship and government grants
• Knowledge and experience in preparing and writing government, corporate and foundation grants, reports and proposals (preferably in the fields of community arts, arts education, interdisciplinary arts).
• Outstanding organizational skills, with attention to detail. Effective time-management and multi-tasking skills are a very strong asset for this position
• Experience in the non-for-profit charitable sector, with knowledge how charities internally operate.
• Understanding of accounting processes and financial planning.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, an aptitude for logical thinking, a commitment to professional ethics.
• Power point building and presentation skills are a big plus. Experience with Microsoft office and Google programs.
• Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of contract building
• Adaptable to a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with and within diverse communities and organizations
• Knowledge of Scarborough and its borough needs is considered a strong asset
• Access to a vehicle considered a strong asset
• Passion for all things arts and creativity
Contract: 1 year (with a possibility of full time) - Starting February 20th, 2017
Benfitis and vacation. Professional development opportunities are available for this position.
How to Apply:
1.) Apply with a cover letter, resume, and 2 references attached as ONE PDF or Word file.
2.) Save attachment as FIRST_NAME_LAST_NAME_Development
3.) Send by email with " Development Manager" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm - February 6th, 2017
4.) Please also note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting
Thank you to all those that apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Scarborough Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all those who fit the outline of the job, to apply by due date.
Scarborough Arts is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to bring arts to the community and community to the arts.
Telephone: 416 6987322