Manager of Donor Relations
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2017
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Dance Collection Danse
Dance Collection Danse is Canada’s national research organization, publisher and repository for Canadian theatrical dance history. DCD’s purpose is to provide a centre for research, education, exhibition and enriched learning about the art of dance, both past and present.
DCD’s presence and our many activities offer the opportunity to understand, investigate and experience the legacies of theatrical dance in Canada – an art form fed by the unique talents of the country’s dance artists and dance professionals. Through providing an opportunity to study, view, discover and explore the many dimensions of theatrical dance, DCD’s archives, library, exhibition space and our vast online resources offer a stimulating encounter with the dynamic past and expanding future of Canadian dance.
We are entering into a period of significant growth and institutional change at this time that has fuelled an excitement and positive energy at the organization. We expect that fundraising practices will play a highly integrated role in the re-formation and redirection of our work going forward.
We seek a great communicator for a full-time position with working hours structured to suit the organization and the candidate. The Manager of Donor Relations is responsible for the planning and co-ordination of fundraising efforts and the development of relationships as it relates to annual earned revenue goals of DCD.
• Works with the Administrative Director to set realistic budget targets for fundraising;
• Contributes actively to the communications/messaging of the organization;
• Plans and implements the annual donor campaign including fundraising events, special appeals, direct mail, and donor newsletters;
• Oversees and participates in identification, cultivation, communications and solicitation of individual prospects (including major gifts and legacy giving), foundations, and corporations;
• Develops fundraising/communication materials;
• Manages recognition and stewardship of all donors;
• Manages donor information including tax receipts and maintains/updates donor database;
• Monitors progress towards targets reporting to senior staff and board;
• Evaluates fundraising programs reporting results to senior staff and board.
• Proficiency with fundraising management software, preferably including Sumac;
• Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
• Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills;
• Proven skills and knowledge in donor relations; and
• Knowledge of not-for-profit, and preferably arts-focussed fundraising practices and principles.
• Experience in fundraising, particularly in the areas of individual contributions, annual campaigns, special events and foundation requests;
• For the candidate to have a genuine appreciation for and understanding of the Canadian dance community and Canada’s dance heritage would be a great asset.
How to Apply:
Dance Collection Danse (DCD) invites all applicants with proper credentials to apply for the position. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter detailing how you can contribute to fundraising efforts of this dynamic not-for-profit arts organization and outlining your salary expectations by May 31, 2017.
Please e-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote MDR17 on the subject line. No phone calls please.
Telephone: 647 825 6822