Program Coordinator, Community Outreach
Date Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Application Deadline: Apr 01, 2017
Region: Peel Region
Living Arts Centre
The Living Arts Centre is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the premiere arts and culture facility located in the heart of Mississauga, Canada’s sixth largest city. Dedicated to being a place for global engagement in the arts, the centre houses a stunning landmark atrium, three presentation ready theatres, seven professional craft studios, and an attractive in-house restaurant and burgeoning catering operation. Nineteen years young, with a mission to promote Arts for Life, the centre plays host to hundreds of performing arts, educational, community, and corporate events and activities each year. The Living Arts Centre is a dynamic and accessible gathering place for creativity that welcomes more than 400,000 discerning and culturally diverse visitors annually.
The Centre is seeking a creative, flexible, and talented individual to coordinate the Centre’s community outreach events at local festivals and community venues. This position will work as part of the Studio Arts, Education and Outreach team to oversee and coordinate these activities. This is full-time contract position (April 2017 up to 2 years).
Reporting to the Director of Studio Arts this position will:
Coordinate and administer the daily operations of outreach events, workshops and festivals; hire, train and supervise part time staff; liaise with venue supervisors and festival coordinators to organize event logistics; interview, train and supervise youth volunteers; order, inventory, monitor and maintain program supplies and materials; monitor and evaluate programs to ensure customer satisfaction and safety standards are met; prepare, monitor and operate within an approved project budget, work with Marketing to promote events and prepare materials; document and evaluate programs to ensure quality and health & safety standards are met; recommend opportunities for program growth and development; prepare information for grant reporting requirements and perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
• University degree or College diploma in Arts Education, Arts Administration or a related discipline
• 2 to 3 years’ prior experience working in an arts educational institution or related cultural or educational institution
• Experience developing, delivering and coordinating programming/events for children, adults or the general public
• Experience working with educators, practicing artists and the general public
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time-management, reporting, and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attuned to the human relations of working in a team environment
• Must be flexible, capable of multi-tasking and problem solving
• Proficient in Word and Excel, experience working with databases is an asset
• Experience interviewing, training and supervising youth volunteers
• Experience hiring and overseeing part-time staff
• Must have a valid Driver’s Licence; capable/comfortable driving a van; access to a personal vehicle
• First Aid, CPR and WHIMIS Training are an asset
This position requires the successful candidate to safely be able to frequently lift and move a variety of objects weighing up to 30 lbs as well as perform tasks involving reaching and stretching in order to prepare, move and set up event supplies and tents as well as program materials. Events occur both indoor and outdoor so candidate must be prepared to work in hot and cool weather conditions. The work schedule is variable including evening and weekends based on the event and festival schedules.
How to Apply:
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume electronically to email@example.com by April 1, 2017.
Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Records Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening and Ontario Drivers Abstract that is acceptable to the Living Arts Centre
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Living Arts Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, we ask you to please inform Living Arts Centre staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.