Date Posted: Jan 10, 2017
Region: Metro Toronto Area
Pursuits Inc., Art Advisory
Pursuits Inc. is an internationally focused art advisory and curatorial firm headed by Marla Wasser that guides private and corporate clients through each step of the collecting process with transparency and discretion. Our vision extends beyond merely brokering art. We are committed to reflecting the unique interests and personality of the collector, working closely with them to facilitate a deeper appreciation of the art world.
As an independent curatorial service, we offer expertise in the development of original art exhibitions. Attuned to the differences between regions and communities, we work closely with arts institutions to conceptualize and develop unique exhibitions specifically suited to our clients’ organizations.
An art advisory and curatorial firm in Toronto is seeking a new team member. The position offers the right candidate the opportunity to participate in the development of museum exhibitions and advising private clients on top-tier art collections. The firm requires a Project Manager who can actively contribute to ongoing projects, who shows consistent initiative, and who is dedicated to the growth of the company. The successful candidate will work directly with the President on all projects.
• A minimum of three to five years working in an arts-related environment
• Experience and working knowledge of both the local and international art world
• Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
• Highly proficient in social media, file management, and computer literacy (MS Office Suite and Illustrator)
• Good strategy and problem-solving ability
• Strong organizational skills
• Positive and collaborative approach
• Background in art business and/or public relations an asset
Full time availability is ideal, and a commitment of at least 3 days/week is essential. Pay commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV (as a single PDF) with the email heading "Project Manager Application" to Megan Kee, at email@example.com.